Whether you visit one time or decide to make Calvary Chapel Des Moines
your home church, may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you.
Calvary Chapel Des Moines was formed as a fellowship of Christian believers to sincerely worship God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; to know Jesus Christ and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit; to equip the body of Christ for the work of ministry; to serve the local community in every possible Christian way; to share the Love and Gospel message of Jesus Christ through our words and actions.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
1. The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings.
2. There is one true and living God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. God the Father is an infinite, personal Spirit; perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men. He hears and answers prayer. He saves everyone from sin and death that come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. God the Son is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin birth. He is fully God and fully man. We believe in His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His perpetual intercession for His people, and His visible second coming to judge the world and begin His one thousand year reign.
5. God the Holy Spirit was sent by God to comfort us and indwell in us. He empowers all true believers to become witnesses for Jesus Christ and He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgement. It is through the Holy Spirit that Christians are sanctified, regenerated, taught, guided, and enabled to live godly lives. The Biblical gifts of the Holy Spirit continue today for the edification of the body of Christ. The Holy Spirit conducts Himself decently and in order.
6. All people are sinners by nature and choice, therefore separated from God and under condemnation. The lost and sinful man must be saved from this condemnation state and his only hope for salvation is through the redemption by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
7. There is the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. All true, regenerated persons are part of the spiritual Body of Christ of which Christ Himself is the head. All believers are spiritually united in our Lord Jesus Christ. The only true basis for Christian fellowship is in His agape love, which is greater than any differences we may possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves as Christians.
Calvary Chapel Des Moines
is affiliated with Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa, CA.